Pets for Peace 2015 Calendar Here is your chance to support the Kathleen C. Cailloux Humane Society of Kerrville. Check out the invitation to donate to have your pet's picture in the calendar illustrating the mutual benefits of rescuing a pet. Click here for more information.
Welcome! Please take a moment to explore my website. I'm excited that you are here!
Wisdom comes to us in surprising forms.
When we are open and receptive, we find its gifts all around us. This year I adopted Jacque from a local shelter. He seems to have senses beyond my own about people and situations. From my relationship with him I am learning patience, playfulness, and attentiveness. He reminds me when I need to speed up or slow down to honor the needs of all. To read his adoption story, please click into "Other poems/musings" in the top menu bar. You'll find new work and stories there.
As author of Savoring Sage Time: The Journey from No One to Wise One, I invite you on this journey as together we acknowledge the value of wise ones among us. Our nation is positioned to become a society of wise elders as baby boomers approach their potential sage years. This rare opportunity depends on whether we claim this grand responsibility by completion of developmental tasks each decade presents. Next we need the courage to recognize and claim these gifts of wisdom as ours to share.
We will be gathering that courage by discovering:
- Keys for joyful entrance to wisdom years
- Ways to create the rest of your life as the best of your life
- Secrets for commanding respect earned by years of life experience
- Your life's greatest contribution as you Savor Sage Time
- Closing the generation gap. . . . Capitalizing on using the Ingenuity of Youth combined with wisdom of elders
My book is available for purchase in hardcover, paperback and Kindle editions at Amazon by clicking here. You can purchase it in hardcover, paperback or NookBook editions at Barnes and Noble by clicking here. It is also available at Hasting's in Kerrville, Texas.
I invite you to have fun exploring this website. Click on:
- About Author in the green heading at the top of the page to read what interests this author.
- Honoring a Sage in Your Life to share how a wise one has made a difference in your life.
- Events page to request a speaker and see where Savoring Sage Time is appearing next.
- Click here to view photos of people having fun exploring concepts of Savoring Sage Time.